Tuesday, July 22, 2008

organization isn't a strong point.

Today was the first day of training for me on the Olympic Green. I was really excited, but I should have expected what I got. Any first day of training would be the same: a generalized version of what you are supposed to do without any actual specifics. I am technically not supposed to talk about BOCOG training in my blog, so I will just leave it at that.

We got our uniforms today too. Again, both exciting and blah. They are decent uniforms, don't get me wrong, they just aren't what I would pick first to wear for 2 straight weeks. They don't breathe very well and it is hot here. Oh well.

I also met my managers and other higher-ups. There is one guy that is from Australia that is basically there in case the Chinese managers screw up. He worked the Sydney games and almost every other huge sporting event since then. He is really cool and I am so glad he will be there helping us out. We all (all 5 of us plus Scott [the Aussie]) toured the archery and tennis venues on our 2-hour-long lunch break. Both those and the hockey (my assigned sport) pitches are in the Olympic Green North (OGN) cluster. I will be able to see some tennis matches hopefully! I only have access to the OGN though which means I can't even get to the outside of the Water Cube or the Birds nest. I am going to steal someone else's pictures I think.

We don't have our schedule yet so I have no idea what the next two weeks look like of training and what not. If I have days off, I would love to travel even though I am restricted to China because of my visa. Time will tell. That seems to be the answer to a lot of things lately...

1 comment:

Debra said...

Love reading your blog. Keep up the excellent work. I can't possiblty tell you how proud I am of you! Even tho we have talked on skype and the phone about the the same things you are writing about...it is really great to read about your adventures! Amazing! My friend PK says she gets a kick out of reading your blog and says she knows why you are a journalism major. Kudos, kiddo! Love ya, MOM