Friday, August 8, 2008

you meet some interesting people.

The following I copied and pasted from my weekly memo I had to turn in today explaining the most interesting person I have met so far. The memo is very PG rated, but I still find it 'class.'

All week long I have been racking my brains trying to think of who has been the most interesting person I have met so far. As of Thursday evening, I was still coming up with a blank. However, and most unexpected, I met my most interesting acquaintance while out for a girlfriend’s birthday last night.
While leaving a bar, we heard someone calling us back in. We ended up sitting with four guys from the UK. They were all from different parts, and some had met each other at a hostel down town. After much deliberating and barhopping, my friends, new friends and I went back to the hostel to hang out. I ended up talking to a man from Newcastle for hours and hours. He and his buddy had come from St. Petersberg and Moscow last week and were on a self-tour of Asia. He told me all about his adventures, problems he ran into and gave advice for traveling to other parts of the world. While he had not done that much traveling before his current adventures, he was animated and still had “class (or great in English-speak)” advice for me. Another interesting aspect of this guy was that even when he was speaking English to me, I could barely understand the words he was saying. I had never realized that there could be such a difference in accents and dialects among English speakers. Apparently people from Newcastle have a reputation for being incoherent.

No comments: